Thursday, December 30, 2010

Facebook, the root of all evils..


I, me, moi, like all the other normal red blooded senior-teenager, signed-up for a facebook account in 2008.. I'm a Generation Z, and according to wikipedia, "Generation Z is highly connected, many of this generation have had lifelong use of communications and media technologies such as theWorld Wide Web, instant messaging, text messaging, MP3 players, mobile phones and YouTube."
If you think this is great news because it eliminates communication barriers, everyone is in touch with one another, "i-got-more-friends-because-i-have-a thousand-friends-on facebook", well...think again... My ahmo-lang BC teacher once asked out class, how many friends do we have on facebook? i proudly said it out, i have 200++ friends...! Then he asked us again, how many of them do you keep in touch with? Erm... I would say maybe less than 20...? On the other hand, my teacher is a "saint". He claims that he has only 50 friends and he's bold about it. He sends them PERSONALIZE (not templates) Christmas greeting to all of them every year and keeps in touch with ALL of them..! Yesh, in Malaysia, if you have 25 friends, this is either your fake account that you never use or people would just ROFL (web language short for Roll-On-Floor-Laughing, English translation, Laughed)... It is reported in the newspapers that Malaysian has the highest number of Facebook Friends with an average of 233 friends..! Read is more here :http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/10/13/nation/7212273&sec=nation

I'm not proud of my friend list. BUT I ADMIT IN BROAD daylight that... Because I want to have a normal facebook page, I add and accept friends that I've at lease seen before......... somewhere.. I respect my teacher, I would be a saint too if I were to have a facebook friends list that i trully-really-absolutely-immensely associate with... But I confess again, i'm unable to do so.. Can You?

I belong in Generation Z and I acknowledge that cant live without facebook... The inquisitiveness is too intense....But I wont allow Mark Zuckenburg college project to take over my life ! muahaha !! lets see how long my vow would last..

Let me list down why Facebook destroys people's life:

- You've seen something that you shouldn't seen...!
- Your ex has a new "friend"....
- Your bestfriend added your enemy...
- Your boss added your dad...
- You posted on Tan Sri's wall, saying "Yo bro..How's life !" (true story) (goodbye job)
- Someone posted a photo of you without any make up on...
- You posted a photo of a dinner that your friend wasn't invited to...
- You had to remove your ex's photos when the relationship turned sour...
- Your mom found you on facebook (nah..not a problem for me..)
- read more...

oh well.. I'll just shoot that blue twitter bird down and buy myself a carrier pigeon instead.

No comments: