Monday, May 5, 2008

National Service Kem Bumimas Kump1 Siri5

It all started when I went to the Khidmat Negara website to check my name whether I'm selected for the National Service Program.
I type in my name and my IC Number... Hit ENTER... Waited about 10 seconds.... AND
*POP*
"Tahniah ! Anda dipilih untuk menyertai Program Latihan Khidmat Negara"

And the next thing I know it, I was in Stadium Bukit Jalil at 2AM IN THE MORNING ! to register my name... I boarded the bus at 3am heading to the LCCT airport... As far I remembered, I was in jolly good mood...(I have no idea why I was so happy)... Then we reach the airport around 4.30am to check in our luggage. Waited in the departure hall from 6am to 7am... Boarded the AIRASIA airplane at 7.10am.. The stupid chair was malfuction and I had to sit 90 degrees all the way !!! arrive at the Sibu airport at 9.30am... A bus pick us from the airport and to the camp... Went we reach the camp, it was 11am and register again.. Other trainees have already settle in and we, Kuala Lumpur trainees are the last group to arrive..


I was STILL in a jolly good mood and talked a lot and ate alot in the canteen... Even I was awake for the past 26 hours.... I was assigned to a dormitory called Rambutan... All the dorm at Bumimas are named after fruits... Yeap... Local Fruits... Eg. Belimbing Besi (steel starfruit), Durian Belanda, Jambu Batu and so on.... I had a hard time finding my dorm as it was located at the last end and I looked like a toilet because the outer walls are made out of Steel Panels.. Can you imagine how hot it is in the afternoon... But other dorms are Rumah Panjangs which are made out of wood...

So, I spend 3 months here meeting new friends, eating alot of (surprisingly) delicious food, washing my clothes, biten by deadly mosquitoes, lazing around, marching and having tonnes of other fun stuff !! Not to mention gaining priceless experience!!!


My multi-purpose furniture-bed/sofa/table/



Dewan Serbaguna... My school's hall is nothing compare to this...



We wash our clothes here... enough for everyone ! My dorm is
on the left hand side and the store room is on the right hand side..
That why every morning we can hear "sounds of tsunami"



Words we see EVERYDAY !

Every Welcome, there's a Goodbye...Every Arrival, there's departure(wakaka, I made that up)... It was sad to leave this place I spend 3 months (okay la 2 and half months and minus 1 week of CNY holiday)
Then, its time to go back where we came from... HOME...


Some people ah *haizz* bought too many souvenirs home (kekeke)



My friend even got a present from an admirer !

I really missed National Service alot especially my friends, friendly&funny jurulatihs/coach, and the delicious canteen food!! ...
P/S : Malaysian !! Please stop condemning National Service !! belum try belum tahu, sudah try, hari hari mau (ah long ptd ltd) wakakakaka !!!

No comments: